“Fried-not-fried” Wings by Smokin Sappers BBQ
Delicious Chicken Wings with a kick
Created by Smokin Sappers BBQ competition team
- 2 kg Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup rice or corn flour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 500ml buttermilk
Spices and Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Pit Brothers BBQ – BBQ Peri Peri Rub
- 1/4 cup Pit Brothers BBQ – Tasty Chicken Gravy
- Marinate the wings in the buttermilk for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat smoker to “Bloody Hot!” 300°C (or BBQ).
- Place dry ingredients in a ziplock bag (or two!) and shake to combine.
- Shake excess buttermilk off wings and place in ziplock bags with the dry ingredients. Shake to coat the wings liberally.
- Cook at “Bloody Hot” for approx 20 minutes until internal temp is at least 165°F or 75°C.