Cooking great BBQ pulled pork is simple, all you need is good meat and a fool proof process that works every time. At Pit Brothers BBQ headquarters, we fired up the smoker over the weekend and did some pulled pork for dinner.
It starts with selecting a pork shoulder. We used a 2 kg rolled pork shoulder (its ok to leave it in the string vest and leave the fat on, it all pulls off when cooked!) we cover the shoulder in mustard as a binder for the rub and apply a generous amount of our popular BBQ Pork Rub. After heating the smoker to an internal BBQ temperature of around 300 f. we placed the meat on the grill and followed this process:
1. Place a foil tray filled with water in the smoker under the meat to provide moisture to the cooking process
2. Place two of our Apple Mojo Bricks on top of our famous gidgee charcoal to get a rich smoke flavour into the meat
3. Put the pork directly on the grill and cook to an internal temperature of 170 f.
4. Remove the pork from the BBQ and place in a foil tray containing Pit Brothers Classic Meat Jus mixed with three cups of hot water
5. Cover the tray tightly with alfoil and place in the oven at 250 f (you can put it back on the smoker if you like) until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 203 f
6. Remove the tray from the heat and let the meat rest for 30 minutes
7. Remove the pork and pull, place on a foil serving tray (pictured), add Classic Meat Jus to your taste
Our BBQ pork fell apart nicely with the Classic Meat Jus gravy adding moisture and more flavour to the meat
Total cooking time was approximately 6 hours.
That's it. Pulled pork done with Pit Brothers BBQ premium products.
Why not grab the products featured in this blog and give it a go!